Updated as of 12/28/2020
Bear Mountain Recreation and Park District will take the following actions;
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, and the safety of those served by the District, the District office will be closed until further notice.New Covid-19 Guildlines.pdf
- The California Department of Public Health released new guidance regarding the operation of outdoor playgrounds. Due to the strict guidelines we will continue to have our playground closed.
- All open turf areas and walkways of our parks will remain open until we are directed otherwise by the local health department. The tennis courts are locked and we are strongly discouraging use of any playground equipment and the basketball courts as they do not meet the current CDC guidelines. We encourage you to continue visiting our parks, as regular exercise is essential to physical and mental well-being. However, when visiting please follow all CDC guidelines regarding social distancing (stay 6' from others) and increase personal hygiene protocol (washing your hands regularly, keeping your hands away from your face and bringing hand sanitizer with you if you have it). At this time, park restrooms are closed due to staff availability limits. Please plan accordingly when visiting the parks.
- The following facilities and amenities are not within the current Phase 3 opening guidelines and will remain closed until the District has received further direction:
- Community Center (David Head building)PlaygroundsBasketball courtsSwimming poolsYouth sports
- We will stay open through this National and State Emergency.
- We have cancelled all the recreational events activities and events scheduled until further notice.
- We are not renting out our facilities to groups larger than those recommended by State and Federal Government.
- We closed all parks.
- We closed all outside restrooms.
- We closed all playground areas, and all picnic shelters.
For more information regarding guidelines from the CDC please click on the links below.